We are always looking to expand the family here at Dad’s Pies and we have plenty opportunities for you to join a fast-growing, innovative family business. If you are the type of person who can follow the recipe, understands that what goes around comes around, has the courage to speak the truth, sees areas for improvement and acts on those while consciously deciding to adopt a “can do” attitude then you will enjoy working within this high performing team.
Our well connected, privately owned New Zealand Food Manufacturing business, is leading its industry segment in all areas of manufacturing and quality standards. We have been in business since 1981 where it began in a single store, to now 36 years later, in a purpose-built bakery with over 90 staff with plenty more room to grow.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Take this opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative family business in a key tactical role. If you are the type of person who can follow the recipe, understands that what goes around comes around, has the courage to speak the truth, sees areas for improvement and acts on those while consciously deciding to adopt a “can do” attitude then you will enjoy working within this high performing team
This is a chance to combine your outstanding Mechanical and Electrical skills with a Kiwi success story.
About the Role
Do you have a “can-do” attitude, seeing problems and speed bumps, not barriers? To succeed in this role, you will be open to forever changing and challenging environments, be a strong team player and willing to support a program of continuous improvement. You will be required to do routine repairs and preventative maintenance, improve your skill base and perform professionally and efficiently. Good communication & personal interaction is essential while ownership of projects and tasks is encouraged. The ideal person for this role will need to have flexibility in their availability for training, project work and to facilitate across a two-shift pattern.
Key duties and responsibilities include Skills & Experience
- Pro-Active Preventative Maintenance
- Assisting in technical and feasibility studies
- Develop innovative solutions for problematic areas of the facility and implement
- Ensure all projects run on time and within budget.
- Resolve design/development problems and implement change
- Bring a positive approach to work and be willing to assist the team and colleagues where and when required.
- Undertake work in accordance with New Zealand standards including mechanical safety regulations.
- Advanced Mechanical skills
- Good Fabrication Skills
- Fault Diagnosis
- Experience in Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Refrigeration equipment
- Computer/system literacy
- Strong/friendly interpersonal skills
- A good sense of humour, and
- Relevant Trade Certifications
Take this opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative family business in a key tactical role. If you are the type of person who can follow the recipe, understands that what goes around comes around, has the courage to speak the truth, sees areas for improvement and acts on those while consciously deciding to adopt a “can do” attitude then you will enjoy working within this high performing team.
This is a chance to use your outstanding technical skills with a Kiwi success story.
With significant growth in existing markets, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician who will be part of the team responsible for un-compromised total quality control of our state of the art RMP level 5 and export approved bakery. We are seeking that special “A Player” who is highly organised, has high energy levels, can work efficiently under pressure and stands up for absolute quality.
This role reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and is pivotal in successfully delivering the most delicious pies on the planet.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for assisting to ensure consistent quality of production processes by maintaining our Systems through tasks such daily surveillance, microsampling, GMP, internal & external audit preparation, SOP development and export administration.
Key Quality Assurance Technician duties and responsibilities;
- Support in managing the HACCP and regulatory food safety programmes
- Daily surveillance of premises ensuring compliance to Food Safety systems
- Undertaking microsampling on-site for sending to testing labs
- Conduct GMP, Internal and External Quality & Food Safety Audits
- Developing and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Traceability and Export administration
- Communicate with the NPD team daily
- Degree in Food Technology
- A minimum of two years’ experience a quality position within the food industry
- Experience working with HACCP
- Passionate about food safety; methodical and accurate in your work; able to work independently and also in a team environment; good time management
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A good sense of humour, and
- A real desire to make a difference and win.
- Knowledge of New Zealand food safety-related legislation
- Woolworths Supplier Excellent Program, RMP experience or a similar quality management system
- Export documentation requirements for animal products.
We are always on the lookout for keen individuals to join our casual staff team. This can include packing containers and filling in absentees when required. Please download the application below and send it to email@example.com if you are interested.